There are 2 type of visa fees that the Sri Lankan citizens are requested to pay to get visa to Vietnam: processing fee and stamping fee. Vietnam online visa (known as e-visa or visa on arrival) seems to be the easiest way for Sri Lankan citizens to get a visa for Vietnam if they want to avoid the complicated procedures and bureaucracy.
Vietnam visa fees for Sri Lankan citizens
In order to get a visa to Vietnam, Sri Lanka passport holders are request to pay 2 type of visa fees:
– Processing fee:
The applicant has to pay full service fee in advance to Vietnam visa agency to process the visa approval letter in 2 business days.
– Stamping fee:
To get visa stamped at Vietnam airports, a stamping fee is requested to pay directly to Immigration Officers by cash (in USD or VND) at Immigration Desk/ Counter. This fee is being decided and revised by the Vietnamese Government and it might be changed without prior notice. At present, the stamping fee for 1 month single entry visa is US$45 per visa. Multiple entry visas will be classified into less than 1 month, 3 month and over 6 month validity, with fees of $65, $95 and $135, respectively.
There are about 300,000 (by 2010) overseas Sri Lankan citizens who is living in Canada nowadays. Many of them make a choice to depart for Vietnam from Canada directly for leisure or business purposes. However, in order to enter Vietnam they are obliged to apply for a Vietnam visa. From Canada, Sri Lankan applicants might choose to visit the Vietnam Embassy to apply for a visa in person as follow:
Embassy of Vietnam in Ottawa, Canada
Address: 470 Wilbrod Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6M8, CANADA
Phone: (1613) 236 0772
Fax: (1613) 236 2704
Note: Office hours: Monday to Friday
Morning: 9.30 AM – 11.30 AM
Afternoon: 13.30 PM – 16.00 PM
Normally, Vietnam embassy visa application will take 5 – 7 working days and the Sri Lankan applicants must prepare some qualified documents before queuing in font of the embassy to submit their Vietnam visa application, including:
– A valid passport is a passport claiming to have been issued by the applicant’s country which has at least 6 months validity and 2 blank pages for visa stamp
– Entry permit form (which can vary from one Vietnamese Embassy to another)
– Two photos (usually 4 cmx6 cm or 3 cmx4 cm)
– Visa fee
The Sri Lankan citizens who plan to travel Vietnam for business purpose then a business visa (3 months validity, single or multiple entry) expected, they are requested to provide a sponsorship letter by a licensed Vietnamese company.
Vietnam visa processed by the Vietnam Embassy has been known as complicated and bureaucracy procedures. The applicants might not only wait for a long time to have their visa stamped on the passport but also spend much money on it. There is another choice that Sri Lankan visitors can make to simplify their application procedure, that is Vietnam visa on arrival.
To apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival, Sri Lankan citizens living in Canada just follow some simple steps:
1. Complete an online application form (which take a few minutes)
2. Conduct a payment online via PayPal or Western Union or bank wire transfer (which take a few minutes to hours)
3. Provide a round trip air tickets and hotel booking voucher (these documents requirement can be omitted sometimes, depend on the regulations of the Vietnam Immigration Department)
4. Wait for visa approval letter delivered by email (which can be done within 2 working days for normal processing visa or just 2 hours for emergency processing visa)
5. Get your visa approval letter printed and bring with your passport, 2 photos and stamping fee to board the flight. At arrival airport, an entry and exit form will be required to fill in and a visa will be stamped on the passport.